Monte Carlo is dedicated to conservation and sustainability. We recognize the importance of preserving the planet’s natural resources through responsible practices. The Monte Carlo resort was awarded 4 out of 5 keys in the Green Key Eco-Rating program, which evaluated resorts based on their green operations. Below are some highlights of our accomplishments.
Energy and Water Conservation
Energy and water conservation is the cornerstone of Monte Carlo’s sustainability efforts.
- We have installed energy efficient technologies, such as variable frequency drives (VFDs) that help us reduce our energy consumption. VFDs allow us to regulate electricity flow to large chiller pumps that cool resort depending on the current need of the building, rather than working at 100 percent capacity.
- Energy efficient light bulbs have been installed in the guestrooms, public spaces and service areas.
- Occupancy sensors are located in the employee areas to shut off the lights when no one is in the room.
- The towel and sheet reuse program in the guestrooms helps to conserve water.
- Televisions in the guest rooms have been replaced with energy efficient LCD TVs.
- More than 200 slot machines in the casino have been upgraded with energy efficient LED lights to conserve energy.
- By using the most efficient lighting on our marquee signs, we save enough energy to power another 435 homes a year.
Monte Carlo uses environmentally responsible practices for remodels and renovation to reduce the impacts on ecosystems.
- Special window film prevents the sun from over-heating our rooms – conserving enough energy to power 56 homes for a full year.
- During construction of the neighboring CityCenter development, we captured and reclaimed water from our cooling towers and reused it for dust control. Overall, we helped to save over 2,400,000 gallons of potable water.
- The property has started a process of replacing the windows with even more efficient dual pane windows.
Recycling and Waste Management
At Monte Carlo, we take our waste management program very seriously and focus on all three R’s – reduce, reuse, and recycle – to minimize the materials sent to the landfill.
- We employ a comprehensive property-wide recycling program by which the waste from all trash cans is sorted and materials such as paper, cardboard, plastic, kitchen grease, light bulbs, glass, and aluminum are recycled. Monte Carlo also started a cork recycling program. Monte Carlo more than tripled its
- We have replaced our printed guest communications with email to reduce the amount of paper waste. recycling rate since 2007.
- During most recent room remodel, majority of the items removed from the rooms (TVs, radios, hairdryers, etc.) were recycled or donated.
- We are also proud to partner with the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) WasteWise program, which promotes the reduction and recycling of municipal solid waste and selected industrial materials.
Sustainable Supply Chain
- Since 2012, Monte Carlo has purchased over 150,000 pens containing a minimum of 75% post-consumer content. MGM Resorts is projected to purchase over 6.4 million environmentally-conscious pens annually.
- Plastic retails bags made available to property guests contains a minimum of 30% post-consumer content.
- Paper towel rolls found throughout our property contains 70% recycled content, while toilet tissue contains 100% recycled content.
- To help eliminate packaging and emissions, condiments and food items like jam, cereal, yogurt, salad dressings, and butter can be found in bulk containers at the property Employee Dining Room (EDR).
- Whenever possible, we purchase glue, paint, and carpeting with low volatile organic compounds (VOCs), thus promoting a sustainable and healthy work and guest environment.
Education and Outreach
TripAdvisor® awarded Monte Carlo a Silver GreenLeaders™ designation, a status based on "green" practices that the resort has in place.
- Employees can take part in saving the environment by joining our carpool program, Clubride, by attending green fairs that promote energy and water conservation, and by reading the green best practices in the daily Preshift.
- An interactive and education touch-screen monitor was installed at the Employee Dining Room (EDR) entrance to help educate employees about Green Advantage, MGM Resorts' company-wide environmental responsibility platform.
- The employee Club Ride program encourages car pooling and the use of alternative transportation for commuting to work.
- Internal Green Fairs, in conjunction with the Green Advantage campaigns, engage employees with ways to save natural resources through the adoption of sustainable habits in their personal lives.
- Newsletters and weekly sustainability tips educate Bellagio employees about benefits of green activities.
- Our Green Team also promotes conservation among employees; for example Monte Carlo gave away 1,500 fluorescent light bulbs and 700 low flow showerheads to help our employees conserve at home.
Thank you for supporting our dedication to sustainability. If you would like to provide feedback to help make a difference, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.